Well, 46 MORE DAYS!!! Aaron and I could not be more excited…isn’t it amazing that God introduced the two of us? I can’t believe I’ve found somebody who loves me THAT much! And we’ve had so many “yes” RSVP’s – more than we imagined, actually – and we are so so so grateful! We get to spend our big day with so many of our closest friends!
Ok, sorry for the mushiness. But 46 days before a wedding a girl gets a little mushy! Sue me!
So one of the last “big” wedding items we’ve tackled lately is flowers. We are ordering them from Kroger in Athens, and then with the expertise of Aaron’s mom, Allison, and beautiful sister, Missy, we will be putting the bouquets and corsages and bouttaniers together ourselves! And the OU Inn has been generous enough to let us store them in their refrigerator overnight. Perfect!
So, I don’t want to give you guys TOO much info on exactly what the bouquets will look like. Where’s the fun in that? 😉 I actually have an exact picture of my bouquet – I’m not too flower-ly creative so I am basically recreating one I saw in a magazine. But here are some of the flowers we will be using throughout the ceremony:
1. LOTS of roses! – and burgundy roses, at that.
2. Purple Aster – sooooo beautiful. Props to Grandma for realizing this was the flower in a photo I saw.
3. Lisianthis! MAJOR props to the guy at Athens Flower shop for suggesting these. I wanted purple roses but apparently they’re really hard to get. But these look scary close, don’t they? So incredibly pretty. (Don’t get too excited, this isn’t exactly what the bouquet(s) will look like! 😉
4. Purple Gerbera Daisy – no words needed. I DO love purple.
5. There will be a special appearance from this lovely number. 😉
6. Now THESE may not seem to “go,” but trust me! They are going to be used for something quite special.
Now, last but CERTAINLY not least, I should warn you all. You are going to be seeing A LOT of ivy. It’s so so pretty, isn’t it?
SO, everyone, I hope you enjoyed this floral preview. Now get dress-and-suit shopping and be ready to feast your eyes on earth’s beauty!! 🙂